The man who knows no foreign language, knows nothing of his mother.

Brighton in the rain



I’ve never been to Athens and I’ve never been to Rome

I’ve seen only the Pyramids in picture books at home

I’ve never sailed across the sea or been inside a plane

I’ve always spent my holidays in Brighton in the rain

I’ve never eaten foreign food or drunk in a foreign bar

I’ve never kissed a foreign girl or driven a foreign car

I’ve never had to find my way in a country I don’t know

I’ve always known just where I am and where I’ll never go

I’ve read travel books by writers who have been to Pakistan

I’ve heard people telling stories of adventures in Iran

I’ve watched TV documentaries about China and Brazil

But I’ve never been abroad myself; it’s making me feel ill

I’ve studied several languages like Hindi and Malay

I’ve learnt lots of useful sentences I’ve never been able to say

The furthest place I’ve ever been was to the Isle of Man

And that was full of tourists from Korea and Japan

I’ve been never to Athens and I’ve never been  to Rome

I’ve only seen the Pyramids in picture books at home

I’ve never sailed across the sea or been inside a plane

I’ve always spent my holidays in Brighton in the rain





Use the verbs to complete the lyrics. You can use each one more than once.

be/ drive/drink/eat/go/have/hear/kiss/know/learn/read/sail/see/spend/study/watch



I’ve never ____________ to Athens and I've never ____________ to Rome

I've only ____________ the Pyramids in picture books at home

I've never ____________ across the sea or ____________ inside a plane

I've always ____________ my holidays in Brighton in the rain

I've never ____________ foreign food or ____________ in a foreign bar

I've never ____________ a foreign girl or ____________ a foreign car

I've never ____________ to find my way in a country I don t know

I've always ____________ just where I am and where I'll never go

I've ____________ travel books by writers who have ____________ to Pakistan

I've ____________ people telling stories of adventures in Iran

I've ____________ TV documentaries about China and Brazil

But I've never ____________ abroad myself; it s making me feel ill

I've ____________ several languages like Hindi and Malay

I've ____________ lots of useful sentences I've never ____________ able to say

The furthest place I've ever ____________ was to the Isle of Man

And that was full of tourists from Korea and Japan

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento